About hemp-derived CBD servings
Note: CBD is a product of nature and there have been limited scientific studies performed to explain the actual results which have been experienced by individuals over time. Accordingly, all the serving information that has been developed by the CBD industry is on an anecdotal basis from the feedback of actual users who have reported their own experiences and serving levels. As a result, individuals who decide to take CBD must assume full responsibility for any products they decide to use and at what serving amount. Each human body is a unique biologic system. Only you can decide what has been effective for you and at what amount. The following information should therefore be considered a series of “baseline recommendations” and are shown for educational purposes only.
There are many factors that should be taken into consideration with hemp-derived CBD servings:
• Up to 125 lbs. should consider a 30mg-per-day starting daily serving, larger people would want to use roughly a proportional increased amount
• Age (faster metabolism in 25 year old vs. a 75 year old).
• Activity level and general health.
• Younger or more active people may want to increase frequency of use, perhaps adding a mid-day serving to a morning and night serving schedule.
• Reportedly, neurological symptoms (e.g., periodic nervousness) often require less mg per day of CBD-hd to be effective: 30-50mg daily
• Occasional pain seems to require the highest amount, generally between 30-300mg daily. Individuals who suffer from more severe levels of this pain have indicated that they sometimes did not experience significant relief until reaching 70-90mg daily
True or false—the more mg of CBD you take, the better the relief?
• Generally true: described as relief from occasional pain that users expanded upon as their serving amount increased (once you experience some relief at an identified # of mg/day, keep increasing the total daily amount of mg/day until you find maximum effectiveness for your (“sweet spot”)
• And false: few people may experience less desirable effects including an energy boost/euphoria at higher amounts, which should not be continued
Full spectrum vs. isolated CBD
• Full-Spectrum CBD (proper manufacturing and lab testing necessary to ensure that THC levels are within federal guidelines)
— Greater apparent efficacy than isolate-based products
— Longer lasting effects (up to 12 hours) and fat solubility
• Broad-Spectrum CBD —Falls between full-spectrum CBD and isolated CBD
— Like full-spectrum CBD, the other compounds found within the plant are preserved in the extract
— However, like CBD Isolate, THC is completely removed and non-detectable
• Isolated (pure CBD)— Contains ZERO THC, but only hits one cannabinoid receptor (no “entourage effect”)
— Has potential to work well initially, but with a reported drop-off between weeks 2-4 for some individuals.
— Shorter acting and water soluble—flushes out of the body faster
Efficacy of CBD on the body (by route of entry)*
• 100% efficacy: Injected into vein (fastest acting, but dangerous)
• +-80 efficacy: Smoking (unknown long term health effects, potentially bad)
• +-60% efficacy: Sublingual absorption (oil under the tongue is the #1 recommended administration route for CBD)
— 20 minutes to theoretically have the ability to affect every cell in the human body
• 10-20% efficacy: Oral consumption (eating)
— Longer lasting effects, but poor efficacy—digested and broken down by stomach enzymes, then hepatic system (liver) scrubs before entering bloodstream
* Efficacy levels shown are reflective of the delivery, or entry system only, and are not in any way associated with the amount of CBD contained in a product.
In general, because the CBD supplement industry is still relatively new, there is a variety of opinions on exactly the right serving amounts for individuals based on age, weight, condition, etc. Fortunately, CBD has been widely shown to be well-tolerated by most people. Wellphora offers a range of potencies to make it easier for you to get just the right amount for your particular needs.
What is the endocannabinoid system?
Cannabinoids, extracted from the cannabis plant (hemp, in the case of legal CBD), are chemicals that trigger the natural cannabinoid receptors in the brain and body. Located all over the body, they are known as CB1 and CB2 receptors, and are part of the body’s endocannabinoid system. This system is extremely critical to our body’s ability to maintain homeostasis (the equilibrium of conditions for optimal functioning of various systems in the body).
CB1 receptors are primarily found in the brain and central nervous system, and to a lesser extent in other tissues. CB1 receptors affect:
- Motor activity
- Motor coordination
- Short-term memory
- Pain perception
- Immune cells
CB2 receptors are located mostly in the peripheral organs, especially those associated with the immune system. CB2 receptors affect:
- Adipose tissue
- Skeletal muscle
- Reproductive system
- Immune system
- Respiratory tract
- Cardiovascular system
What about hemp-derived CBD for pets?
Like humans, all mammals have an endocannabinoid system, which works in the same way to balance natural functions in the body. This means that our pet friends can benefit from the same wellness effects afforded by CBD that people experience.
Wellphora offers three strengths of CBD-hd oil scaled for pets’ systems. Our Zooneuro Pet CBD Oil 150mg is designed for smaller pets (up to 15 lbs.), while Zooneuro Pet CBD Oil 300mg is designed for medium size pets (15-60 lbs.) and Zooneuro Pet CBD-hd Oil 600mg is designated for larger size pets (60+ lbs.). Those with even larger animals may want to treat with our higher-potency Canneuro CBD Oils, as they are made with the same ingredients as Zooneuro products, but at higher potencies.
Zooneuro Pet CBD Oil is an all-natural product designed to meet the needs of pet owners wary of placing unnatural or unproven ingredients into their pet’s system. Many pet owners report an increased calmness in their pets while owners of older pets report their pet’s relief from ailments and that the pet is much more comfortable. Pet mobility is often increased as well. Zooneuro Pet CBD Oil is made from the same organically farmed hemp extracts and the highest quality MCT Oil as our people products.
Pet owners can trust that they’re putting only the best ingredients into their pet’s system with hemp-derived Zooneuro Pet CBD Oil by Wellphora.